Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Tenacious Tuesday: Keeping the momentum

Welcome to the second day of my new season of launching out into the blogosphere.

Today is Tenacious Tuesday! It is apply named because to be tenacious is to be persistent and today is your day of persistance. You've conquered Monumental Monday, now it's important that you keep the momentum going!

In my line of business (outside of pastoring) my success is completely dependant upon what I believe to be divine encounters with potential clients. These encounters give me the opportunity for witty conversation and tactical negotiations. But without the encounter there is no client. Recently, I drove over to my usual place of engagement where I would meet unsuspecting clients, and waited. The hours seemed like days in the unfriendly January cold. Once fatigue began to set in I took one last look at my watch and decided it was time to go home.
Just then I began yet another debate with myself whether to leave or stay for another thirty minutes - but in that moment of indicission, I found myself fighting against all natural impulses to jump into my car and drive away. I began to delay getting into the car. Within a New York minute I noticed a car pulling in next to me. I will spear you the belaboring of this story by concluding - Had I left thirty seconds earlier, I would have missed what proved to be my most successful encounter in weeks!

You see where this is going. Persistence is the key to success!

In Luke 18, Jesus tells a story of a persistent woman who repeatedly petitioned before an unjust judge, seeking justice against her adversaries. He taught that because of her persistence she got what she was fighting for, even though the unrighteous judge had no intentions of granting her request!

How many great moments have you missed in your life simply because you gave up too soon? As you go through you day today, think about the way you started this week or this year. Your new initiatives... your new perspective... the changes you've already made so far. Now just as you began, continue! This is Tenacious Tuesday and today is the day you determine to keep the momentum so that you finish strong!

"Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up." - Gal. 6:9

Stay strong my friend!

2 comments:

darcy antonia said...

I'm really loving this word because there are so many times i just wanna give up based on perceptions and what situations look like.....reading this gives me the will to keep going, keep pushing forward!

Thanks friend, your word is my inspiration

worldclasslady said...

Great reading. I really enjoyed this! Keep it going. love you

Post a Comment