Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Loneliness

Loneliness - A deep longing for heart felt interaction with another person or other people. For some, the void remains despite the existence of meaningful relationships...loneliness.

Whatever our perceived or felt needs are in this area, the truth of the matter is that if we are Christians, we are never alone. In Matthew 28:20, Jesus promised us, "I am with you always, even unto the end of the world."

I believe the church is one of God's solutions to remedy loneliness. When believers get together something happens! We share our experiences and realize that we are not the only ones facing challenges. We find comfort in just being around others of like faith, and we get to encourage and uplift each other. There is also the fulfilment of getting involved in the work of the church that keeps us satisfied.

If you find yourself fighting feelings of loneliness, let me exhort you to consider these things. I will leave you with these words found in Isaiah...

"Fear not, for I am with you. Do not be dismayed. I am your God. I will strengthen you; I will help you; I will uphold you with my victorious right hand." - Isaiah 41:10

Be Blessed!

0 comments:

Post a Comment